Derrick is sick today, poor guy. He stayed home after a long night hugging the toilet and morning of nausea. It scared Aidan; at least enough to stay out of the bedroom where Derrick was resting, so that is good.
Despite having a sick husband in the other room, I still cooked up a million things in the kitchen. I felt bad; the smell wafting into his room, which was apparently not as pleasant of a scent as it was for me. However, I did have justification for my anti-procrastination attitude today (which is not typical by the way). What if I get sick? We are disastrously low on quick meals for Aidan currently and that would be the last thing I would want to worry about. So, I whisked up a storm and successfully made some breakfast, lunch and dinner options for him. They are in the freezer now which gives me an unexpected peace of mind. Nice.
Gosh, I hope I don’t get sick though. We had a family birthday party this weekend (which I will post about later) and the next day both my niece and nephew were running fevers! Scary! There is nothing worse than having a bug, and the anticipation of possible infection is wearing on my nerves!
Regardless, I made these little beauties which I’m super addicted to. Aidan liked them OK, but I loved them! I think they would also make a great appetizer for a party. They are slightly higher in sodium (about 600mg for 8, depending on how much cheese you use, but you could also sub-in Swiss which would reduce it quite a LOT!) but seriously good finger food. I ate 6 back-to-back and am happy to report that I immediately made more to eat later. Aidan had approximately 2 for lunch with “dip” which is his term for all sauces; in this case he was referring to marinara sauce.
So, give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 32 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 32 1" wonton wraps (approximately 1/2 packet)
- 6 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- Optionally, salt and pepper to taste
- In a mini muffin tin, fold the wonton wraps to fit around the sides. Place 2 pieces of tomato and top with basil and cheese. Repeat once more: 2 pieces of tomato, basil and cheese until the wraps are full.
- Bake on 425 for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Serve with a side of warm marinara sauce. Enjoy!